4 January 2014

New Year New Stuff

Last year, as regular followers will have noticed (if such exist), was filled with Bridgetown Tales and podcasts. They kind of took over after a while as I was trying to build up enough of a "buffer" with Bridgetown to have November free to Nano (a plan that worked). As a result though everything else got sidetracked.

This year I'm looking to learn the lesson of last year, that is don't promise to write circa 180,000 words of extraneous 'other stuff' on a whim, because, in the end, that will be all you write.

Not that I'm complaining the 180,000 words of Bridgetown and the 50,000 of a new SF novel for Nano were jolly good and I even managed to clock in 10,000 more of Taliesin in the end which puts my word count for the year at about 250,000.

But this year I'm looking to make a move into more controlled projects. Nothing weekly. I loved doing the serial though so I've already decided to switch venue for that to Wattpad. Basically things are in the pipeline.

I am, however, in the process of moving house so... we shall have to see how that interferes.

Oh, yes, and I'm planning more regular blogging time in 2014 as well. I think I shall try to maintain that as a priority, it's sad to see so much stuff issue forth on a weekly basis but with no time to actually talk about it or comment upon it. It makes it look, digitally, as if I'm a crazy word-slinging recluse who does nothing but churn out fantasy and sci-fi. Maybe I am, but commentary is good too.


No comments:

Post a Comment