5 February 2015

The Monkey Business

So, as is common with blogs, a new strand has come along. I'm running a new media business now and it's starting to take off. The key thing I've found is that people just don't understand why they should now be involved in small-scale cottage media production. I watch a lot of YouTube but until I started my business I didn't understand the challenges and pitfalls of trying to be a YouTuber.

If you have a business enterprise then you will have to get involved with new media tech, it's inevitable. People that don't embrace engagement through YouTube, Hangouts and podcasting are going to get left struggling. These technologies really are the best way to engage with new customers in a new way. Not least because passing trade is at home surfing the net, not walking down the high street. That's what this article, which I sent out as a mailshot to some potential new clients, is all about:

We live in a world that has been transformed by computers, the internet, and social networking. The problem for many of us is that the change is subtle and if you don't see it you can easily miss something important.

When I started Spinning Monkey I thought of myself as being in the business of small scale media production. I have all the kit to take a studio around with me, like a school photographer, and I have the expertise to cut together video productions.

That makes me a videographer, right?

Wrong.

What I quickly discovered is that the types of things you need to do with a small scale media set up are very different to the requirements of even the smallest video production house. What I do is to help people plug into a vast sea of potential customer engagements quickly and to maximum effect.


Businesses of the future will be expected to be social, have faces and names, like people on Facebook. The success stories of tomorrow will talk directly to more people and show the world, with an immediate touch, that they are experts in their field and can move with a rip tide of daunting technological advancement.

At Spinning Monkey we have a variety of projects happening that can help you take vital steps to consolidating your position in business in the exciting times to come. Take a look at the current newsletter. It tells you what is going on at the moment, it's not just a bunch of sales pitches, some projects ask for participation at no cost and give a great window into the possibilities of new media technology.

You can't afford to think of new technologies in media as things that are for someone else, or that what they offer isn't for you. If you don't get involved one of your competitors will sometime soon. It's an exciting time for pioneers and trailblazers. For the early adopters the rewards will be greatest.

You don't have to go it alone. We can explore this new world together. If anything the Spinning Monkey is doing is of interest please don't hesitate to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment